Addendum: Request for Proposal: Lighting Conversion or Retrofit
- Published: September 29, 2010
The Village of Yellow Springs issued a Request for Proposal (“RFP”) for the acquisition and installation of a village wide street lighting conversion or retrofit through the use of Induction Lighting on September 17, 2010. Due to a number of questions from potential bidders, this Addendum is being issued to clarify what the Village is looking to purchase.
The Village is soliciting bids for Induction fixtures to replace the following types of street lights:
• 150 watt High Pressure Sodium (HPS)
• 250 watt Mercury Vapor (MV)
• 250 watt HPS
• 400 watt MV
• 400 watt HPS
• 1000 watt MV
Bidders are asked to provide information on price breaks at 10, 25, 50 and 100 quantities for the Induction light that will replace each of these existing fixtures and provide similar levels of illumination.
Proposers shall include the following information:
1. An estimate of installation, refitting, and removal costs. An alternate bid for the costs of the street lights and fixtures only.
2. Unit cost of each conversion or retrofit installation. Please break out material and labor costs.
3. An estimate of typical maintenance, warranty and service contract costs.
4. The average lifetime of the installed items.
5. Information regarding lighting output of proposed lighting to existing lighting.
6. An analysis of total cost of ownership.
7. An estimate of the payback period comparing the existing lighting to proposed lighting.
8. Information to support an independent analysis of items.
9. Information on prior experience in performing the proposed work.
10. Timeframe for completion of work once project is awarded to proposer.
11. Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of return on investment, reduction in energy usage, proposer’s past performance and contribution to the Yellow Springs economy.
Note: Vendors will provide samples of proposed lighting units for evaluation at the request of the Village at no charge. The lighting unit selected for purchase will be invoiced at vendor’s quoted unit price. Lighting units not selected will be returned to the vendor.
Addendum Issue Date: September 27, 2010
Proposal Closing: Proposals are to be submitted in a sealed envelope with the respondent’s company name and Yellow Springs Street Lighting Conversion Project clearly stated on the envelope and submitted to the Village of Yellow Springs, 100 Dayton Street, Yellow Springs, Ohio 45387, and attention: Mark Cundiff, Village Manager. Proposals are to be received no later than October 8, 2010. Proposal received after the closing date will be returned to the submitter unopened. Questions regarding this proposal must be submitted in writing to the Village Manager no later than seven (7) days prior to the closing date stated herein. Questions received later this stated timeframe will not be acknowledged.
Mark Cundiff, Village Manager