Clean-up Week starts Monday
- Published: May 10, 2012
Villagers have their annual opportunity to put their junk by the curb and have someone else haul it away beginning next Monday, May 14. The annual Yellow Springs Clean-Up Week extends through Friday, May 18, and during this time Rumpke employees will take away household items that villagers leave out by the street. Clean-up Week follows the schedule of trash pick-up.
Villagers are asked to:
• Package small items for easier handling: please bag, box, or tie them in bundles;
• Bundle corrugated cardboard no larger than 2 ft. square;
• Separate metal items out from other materials to be recycled
• Certify cooling appliances as CFC-free. Rumpke will provide this certification for $20 by calling 800-223-3960.
Please don’t put out:
• Yard waste: Leaf and brush waste are picked up on the last Friday of the month through November; a bag may be purchased at the Village utility office for $2;
• Motor oil: Oil can be recycled in the receptacle behind the Bryan Center;
• Construction materials: These are accepted at the Xenia Demolitions Debris Facility, 588 Dayton-Xenia Rd;
• Hazardous materials: Household hazardous waste is recycled twice a year in Greene County. Call 562-5925 for the next date;
• Batteries: Auto, motorcycle, lawn mower and tractor batteries are accepted at varied locations. Call 562-5925 for details.