- Published: August 8, 2012
Job opening: Police Chief
The Village of Yellow Springs is currently accepting resumes from qualified persons interested in the position of Police Chief. This position will report directly to the Village Manager and is responsible for management of all police programs and operations to ensure protection of Village residents’ life and property. Duties include, but are not limited to, directing and supervising all police department personnel; planning, scheduling, and directing operations of the police department in accordance with professional standards; implementing and ensuring compliance with department policies and procedures by all personnel; monitoring the departmental budget; and performing other duties as assigned by the Village Manager.
Persons interested in this position shall possess the following qualications:
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Associates Degree, two years of Bachelor’s degree work completed or higher
3. 10 years experience as a sworn police ofcer, 3 years in a command or supervision position.
4. Certication as a Peace Ofcer by the Ohio Peace Ofcers Training Commission
5. Current firearms certification/ qualications
6. LEADS Practitioner Certication
7. Valid Ohio Drivers License
8. CPR/AED Certication
9. Other certications as amended or required under Ohio Revised Code
Persons interested in this position who have these qualications shall submit a cover letter and a resume to the Village Manager by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 31, 2012. Electronic submissions will be accepted. For a complete job description, Village information and questions, please contact:
Laura A. Curliss Village Manager 2nd Floor 100 Dayton Street Yellow Springs, Ohio 45387
(937) 767-1279 [email protected]