AGENDA for Council’s special meeting on herbicide use around pool
- Published: June 19, 2013
Village Council will hold a special meeting on Thursday, June 20, at 7 p.m. at Council chambers in the Bryan Center. Council members will discuss the water and soil test results following last week’s overuse of herbicides at the Gaunt Park pool. If the test results show no contamination, the pool will open Friday morning at the regular time.
The Clerk will receive and file:
– Kate Hamilton re: Spraying at the Pool
– Deb Leopold re: Fact Sheet on Escalade 2
– Laura Curliss re: Notice to Pool Patrons
• Herbicide Application and Exposure at Yellow Springs Pool and Next Steps
– Judith Hempfling: Overview of Events and Village Responses: June 12 until today
– Lori Askeland: Update on meetings with the Dept of Agriculture, Greene County Health Department and the Ohio Department of Health
– Joe Bates, Village of Yellow Springs Supervisor of Water and Waste Water: Soil and Water Samples Results
– Deb Leopold, RS, Director of Environmental Health Services, Greene County Health
Department: Health Concerns Regarding Escalade 2 Exposure
– Chris Conard, Village Solicitor: Summary
– Village Council: Issues Related to Reopening the Pool
– Next Steps
– Questions and Comments from Citizens
The next meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 1, 2013 in Council Chambers, John Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 767-9126 or via e-mail at email@example.com for more information.