Summer Art Stroll Friday night
- Published: June 19, 2014
Fourteen village art galleries and eateries will hold receptions this Friday, June 20, for the annual Summer Art Stroll from 6 to 9 p.m. Art lovers can also take advantage of guided tours of the art exhibits at 6:30 p.m. and 7:15, with both tours leaving from the Glen Helen Building. The 6:15 tour will be led by Council member Brian Housh and the 7:15 tour will be led by local sculptor Alice Robrish.
Gallery receptions incude the following locations:
• Glen Helen Atrium, “Interiors,” Erin Holscher Almazan.
• Bentino’s Pizza, artwork by Anna Burke
• “would you, could you” In A Frame, drawings by Jenny Haack
• YSAC Community Gallery, “Gone to the Birds”
• John Bryan Pot Shop, “June Milk Show”
• Williams Eatery, local artists Roger Smith, Rick Smith, Margrit Tydings-Petrie and Anna Burke
• Design Sleep, photographs by Axel Bahnsen
• Yellow Springs Brewery, work by Michael Casselli
• Village Artisans, “How Does Your Garden Grow,?”
• Sam and Eddie’s, paintings by Eddie Eckenrode
• Yellow Springs Pottery, ceramics by local potters
• Chris K Gallery, photos by Axel Bahnsen
Public art will also be on display at the Mills Park Fence Art Gallery, the Bronze Symposium sculpture trail and the Gloria Gallery, 210 N. Winter.
Belly dancers will perform downtown at 7 p.m. and the Community Children’s Center will provide professional child care from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m. Contact Marlin Newell at 937-767-7236.