A sneak peek of the new Antioch Wellness Center
- Published: July 2, 2014
Last weekend Antioch College opened to the public its 44,000-square foot Wellness Center currently undergoing a yearlong $8 million renovation. Antioch employees showed visitors some of the features the center will boast when it opens in September:
- A renovated six-lane competition-length pool that uses a UV filtration system to minimize chlorine.
- A therapeutic whirlpool.
- Renovated locker rooms, a “grab and go” snack bar, and lounge area.
- Numerous indoor courts on which to play basketball, volleyball, racquetball, badminton and “pickleball,” a 1960s game played with a racket now in vogue.
- Several spaces for group classes like yoga, Pilates, Zumba and more.
- The “South Gym” area renovated into a multipurpose room with banquet and conference space.
- A preserved 1930s mural in the East Gym.
- A large workout room in what was formerly the West Gym.
- Use of re-purposed gym floors throughout the facility.
- An office space for visiting health care practitioners.
- Areas for massage and childcare.
- ADA compliance throughout with an elevator that accesses all three stories.
Antioch will announce its membership rates in an insert in the July 3 issue of the News. All membership passes are “all in one,” providing access to the entire facility.
The center’s official grand opening is slated for Saturday, Sept. 6.
For more, read the News’ latest article on the Antioch Wellness Center: http://ysnews.com/news/2014/05/wellness-for-body-mind-community .