Articles About clap-out
By Matt MindeJune 4, 2013
For the younger residents of the school, it’s just the end of another grade. For the oldest, it’s the end of a world they’ve known since kindergarten.
By Matt MindeJune 5, 2012
The tradition of “clapping out” graduating sixth-graders involves them walking a friendly gauntlet through the school halls past clapping, hooting and cheering kids, on their way back to their MLS classrooms for the last time.
Upcoming School Forum
Previous issue’s stories
- Village Council— New policing guidelines discussed
- School board— Vote clears way for potential land purchases
- Jennifer Rosengarten at Springfield Art Museum— Artist’s ‘exuberance’ in nature
- Communities rethink how to police
- David Carlson’s charges from New Years incident reduced
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs