Articles About Antioch Writer's Workshop
By YS News StaffAugust 3, 2011
Despite the national trend of states decreasing funding for arts and culture, funds allocated for Ohio’s cultural organizations, including several in Yellow Springs, have been increased by 30.5 percent for 2012.
By Lauren HeatonAugust 6, 2009
Almost a full year after the national economic seizure, nonprofit organizations in the village are feeling the squeeze in their budgets. The crash affected most markedly the heftily endowed, and it hurt most cruelly the service-oriented groups. While contraction to reduce expenditures is an option, many local nonprofits are choosing to maintain or expand their programs in hopes of riding out a temporary financial slump.
Upcoming School Forum
Previous issue’s stories
- Village Council— New policing guidelines discussed
- School board— Vote clears way for potential land purchases
- Jennifer Rosengarten at Springfield Art Museum— Artist’s ‘exuberance’ in nature
- Communities rethink how to police
- David Carlson’s charges from New Years incident reduced
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs