Articles About First Baptist Church
By Carol SimmonsJune 18, 2015
While the American Civil War continued to rage unabated, President Abraham Lincoln on Jan. 1, 1863, issued the Emancipation Proclamation, declaring “that all persons held as slaves” within the rebellious states “are, and henceforward shall be free.”
By Megan BachmanNovember 29, 2012
Newly appointed Pastor Bill Randolph’s enthusiasm for the Lord — and reviving the historic local church — is welcome news to its parishioners.
By Diane ChiddisterMay 17, 2010
Between 150 and 200 appreciative guests attended yesterday’s annual Baptist Tea, held at the church’s fellowship hall on Dayton Street.
Last Week’s stories
- Merrick brothers indicted— Death sentence a possibility
- Plans to expand mining in area cause concern
- Antioch Review, the little magazine, still big at 75
- Friends use art to confront illness
- An often fraught relationship is under scrutiny
- Beloved Community aim is inclusion
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs