Articles About peace corps
By Lauren HeatonJune 18, 2015
While Jason Rhoades was a student at Michigan Technical Institute in 2006, he joined the Peace Corps and earned graduate school credit working on reforestation and renewable energy projects in Armenia.
By Lauren HeatonJuly 29, 2011
David Battle’s design for the Peace Corps could be aptly called a classic. He originally created the image for a poster contest for the 10th anniversary of the Peace Corps in 1971.
By Diane ChiddisterApril 21, 2011
Yellow Springs is known as a singular place, but villagers may be unaware of one unique aspect of the village: its residents include an unexpectedly large percentage of returned Peace Corps volunteers.
Upcoming School Forum
Previous issue’s stories
- Village Council— New policing guidelines discussed
- School board— Vote clears way for potential land purchases
- Jennifer Rosengarten at Springfield Art Museum— Artist’s ‘exuberance’ in nature
- Communities rethink how to police
- David Carlson’s charges from New Years incident reduced
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs