Articles About YS Tale Spinners
By Diane ChiddisterOctober 28, 2010
Have you heard about the ghost cows in the village, and the long-dead owner who some people still hear calling his herd? Or about the retired steamboat captain who built a home the shape of his ship, with a bell that allegedly can still be heard on foggy nights?
By Lauren ShowsJuly 7, 2010
At the second annual Big Bull Shake Liar’s Contest on July 4, contestants competed to see who could spin the biggest yarn.
Last Week’s stories
- Merrick brothers indicted— Death sentence a possibility
- Plans to expand mining in area cause concern
- Antioch Review, the little magazine, still big at 75
- Friends use art to confront illness
- An often fraught relationship is under scrutiny
- Beloved Community aim is inclusion
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs