Articles About Center for Business and Education
By Diane ChiddisterNovember 14, 2013
At their Nov. 4 meeting, Village Council members agreed to slow down a decision on whether to provide about $700,000 in funding for the Center for Business and Education, or CBE.
By Diane ChiddisterNovember 7, 2013
At their Oct. 21 meeting, Village Council members moved ahead with a request from Community Resources to pay $800,000 to finance the infrastructure for the Center for Business and Education, or CBE, but asked for something in return: that Community Resources become a state-designated community improvement corporation, or CIC, which would turn the private nonprofit into a quasi-government group.
Upcoming School Forum
Previous issue’s stories
- Village Council— New policing guidelines discussed
- School board— Vote clears way for potential land purchases
- Jennifer Rosengarten at Springfield Art Museum— Artist’s ‘exuberance’ in nature
- Communities rethink how to police
- David Carlson’s charges from New Years incident reduced
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs