Articles About citizens rights
By Diane ChiddisterAugust 16, 2012
At the Aug. 6 Village Council meeting, a group of citizens urged Council to be the first municipality in the state to ban oil and gas drilling in town in an effort to protect local water.
By Megan BachmanAugust 9, 2012
Yellow Springs, though far from the epicenter of natural gas fracking in Ohio, could nevertheless become the first town in the state to ban all oil and gas drilling and waste wells within its municipal limits through passage of what is described as rights-based legislation.
Upcoming School Forum
Previous issue’s stories
- Village Council— New policing guidelines discussed
- School board— Vote clears way for potential land purchases
- Jennifer Rosengarten at Springfield Art Museum— Artist’s ‘exuberance’ in nature
- Communities rethink how to police
- David Carlson’s charges from New Years incident reduced
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs