Articles About coal
By Megan BachmanMay 17, 2012
The Village’s decision five years ago against investing in a 1,600-megawatt coal-fired power plant in Illinois may have spared its electric customers from decades of high utility bills.
By Lauren HeatonDecember 3, 2009
The Village made what some would call a wise and prescient decision last year when it declined to sign on to the coal-fired power plant American Municipal Power, Inc. planned to build along the Ohio River. AMP announced last week on Nov. 25 that it was terminating the AMPGS project due to a spike in construction cost estimates that rendered the project unaffordable for its customers.
Last Week’s stories
- Merrick brothers indicted— Death sentence a possibility
- Plans to expand mining in area cause concern
- Antioch Review, the little magazine, still big at 75
- Friends use art to confront illness
- An often fraught relationship is under scrutiny
- Beloved Community aim is inclusion
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs