Articles About community mourning
By Audrey HackettNovember 24, 2016
Donald Trump’s unexpected win hit Yellow Springs hard last week. In the days following the election, dozens of villagers registered emotions ranging from shock, disbelief and confusion to dismay, alarm, outrage and grief.
By Lauren HeatonAugust 1, 2013
The day following an all-night shootout in the village that left one man dead, police held a joint press conference, Village staff retained a community counseling service, and residents mourned together at dusk.
Upcoming School Forum
Previous issue’s stories
- Village Council— New policing guidelines discussed
- School board— Vote clears way for potential land purchases
- Jennifer Rosengarten at Springfield Art Museum— Artist’s ‘exuberance’ in nature
- Communities rethink how to police
- David Carlson’s charges from New Years incident reduced
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs