Articles About electric grid
By YS News StaffApril 26, 2017
￼￼The Village of YS has received national recognition for achieving exceptional electric reliability in 2016.
By Lauren HeatonNovember 29, 2012
The owners of electric cars may soon have a place to recharge their vehicles in Yellow Springs if the Village moves ahead with the installation of a charging station in the downtown vicinity.
By Lauren HeatonAugust 7, 2008
Around 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 5, the entire village’s electric grid went dim, and then at 8:30 a.m. the village went dark. The howling storms the night before had “fried” the closer, or giant circuit breaker, on the DP&L substation on Snypp Road…
Upcoming School Forum
Previous issue’s stories
- Village Council— New policing guidelines discussed
- School board— Vote clears way for potential land purchases
- Jennifer Rosengarten at Springfield Art Museum— Artist’s ‘exuberance’ in nature
- Communities rethink how to police
- David Carlson’s charges from New Years incident reduced
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs