Articles About Public art policy
By Lauren HeatonDecember 13, 2012
Village Council discussed the Village public arts policy once again at their meeting on Monday, Dec. 3. Council veered toward the draft recommended by Village Manager Laura Curliss, that included a two-phase approval process for all art installations in public spaces.
By Lauren HeatonOctober 25, 2012
Village Council considered a draft art policy at its Oct. 15 meeting as a first step towards defining the types of art allowed in public spaces and the procedures for their approval.
By Diane ChiddisterApril 12, 2012
At the April 2 Village Council meeting, Council members heard from artists in the community regarding Council’s plan to develop a new policy on art in Village-owned public spaces.
Last Week’s stories
- Merrick brothers indicted— Death sentence a possibility
- Plans to expand mining in area cause concern
- Antioch Review, the little magazine, still big at 75
- Friends use art to confront illness
- An often fraught relationship is under scrutiny
- Beloved Community aim is inclusion
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs