Village Of Yellow Springs Seeks A Police Chief
- Published: October 9, 2014
The Village of Yellow Springs is currently accepting resumes from qualified persons interested in the position of Police Chief. This position will report directly to the Village Manager and is responsible for management of all police programs and operations to ensure protection of Village residents’ life and property. Duties include, but are not limited to, directing and supervising all police department personnel; planning, scheduling, and directing operations of the police department in accordance with professional standards; implementing and ensuring compliance with department policies and procedures by all personnel; monitoring the departmental budget; and performing other duties as assigned by the Village Manager.
Persons interested in this position shall possess the following qualifications:
1. Associates Degree (Bachelors Degree preferred) in Criminal Justice, Public Administration or a related field
2. 10 years experience as a sworn police officer, 3 years in a command or supervision position.
3. Certification as a Peace Officer by the Ohio Peace Officers Training Commission
4. Current firearms certification/qualifications
5. LEADS Practitioner Certification
6. Valid Ohio Drivers License
7. CPR/AED Certification
8. Other certifications as amended or required under Ohio Revised Code Persons interested in this position who have these qualifications shall submit a cover letter and a resume to the Village Manager by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 31, 2014. Electronic submissions will be accepted. For a complete job description, Village information or questions, please contact:
Patti Bates, Village Manager,
100 Dayton St., Yellow Springs, Ohio 45387, 767-1279 or firstname.lastname@example.org