- Home ▼
- Subscribe ▼
- Advertise ▶︎
- Submissions ▼
- Calendars ▼
- Business Listings ▼
- Classifieds ▼
- Contact us
Advertise with the News
The Yellow Springs News is a 135+-year-old weekly newspaper that reaches over 1600 households in Yellow Springs, Greene County, Miami Valley, and points beyond. The success of the paper is due to its strategy of maintaining an exclusively local focus by addressing the needs and issues of the community which supports it.
The News website accommodates many different forms of advertising, including display, classifieds, and a business and professional listing. All advertising on the web can be easily linked to direct potential customers to your own website or email.
You can also pay online at ysnews.com/payments via Paypal using your Paypal account or by credit card. Contact us for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 937-767-7373, Monday–Wednesday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m., Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m.–3 p.m., EST.
Select an advertising option from the menu below to jump directly to it:
• View or download a PDF of our rate sheet
All the advertising options and rate information at a glance.
• View or download a PDF of some sample ad sizes and pricing
• Find a rate quickly: view or download a PDF of a column-inch pricing chart
• Click here for ad specifications
DISPLAY ADVERTISING (back to top)
A variety of contract rates are available for display advertising in the Yellow Springs News, as is a Directory of Business and Professional Services. For more information, call Suzanne Szempruch at the Yellow Springs News, (937) 767-7373 or e-mail email@example.com.
Submitting a “print-ready” display ad to the News
If you or your designer wish to submit a print-ready ad, please check our specifications and templates. The News can accept files in the following formats: Adobe Acrobat (preferred; PDF, through version 10), Adobe InDesign Files (CS3), Adobe Photoshop (JPEG, TIF), and Adobe Illustrator (CS3).
PLEASE NOTE: WE CANNOT ACCEPT MICROSOFT PUBLISHER OR PAGES DOCUMENTS.
ADVERTISE ON THE WEB (back to top)
• Large Ad (170px X 425px; appox. 2.36in X 5.9 in), $44/week;
• Medium Ad (170px X 275px; appox. 2.36in X 3.8 in), $33/week;
• Small Ad (170px X 150px; appox. 2.36 in X 2 in), $22/week.
Based on 3 month placement. Ad copy can change weekly. Full color with links to your website. Placement will change periodically. Random rotation per click with up to three other businesses. Ads appear on every page.
Contract advertising: A variety of contract rates are available for display advertising in the Yellow Springs News, as is a Directory of Business and Professional Services. For more information, call Suzanne Szempruch at the Yellow Springs News, (937) 767-7373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PREPRINTED NEWSPAPER INSERTS (back to top)
A newspaper insert is an economical way to get your pre-printed piece into the hands of News readers. Insertion rates are based on distribution:
• Greene County only (1,550): $185.00 ;
• Greene, Clark & Montgomery Counties (1,650): $195.00 ;
• Total circulation (1,750): $205.00
We ask that inserts are paid for the day they are dropped off and you bring in at least 100 pieces over the insertion amount; we will save the unused inserts for you. Also, if you wish, you can come to our office the Thursday of the week following your insertion, and retrieve your insert from unsold, returned newspapers. Please note: Unless otherwise notified, the News cannot be held responsible for inserts left beyond the week they are scheduled for insertion.
YSN DESIGN SERVICES (back to top)
We offer design services for flier production, from concept to printing, as well as basic reconfiguration of display ads into fliers.
• One-sided, black-and-white: $145
• Two-sided, black-and-white: $195
Printing is optional; costs depend on quantity, size and paper type.
Custom Design Options
If you need more in-depth design work, such as a logo or assistance with writing copy, YSN Design can work with you for additional charges. Rates vary depending on the project.
Reconfiguring an Existing Ad
YSN Design can reconfigure your display ad to fit a standard flyer or small poster.
• Resizing: $25; this assumes ad will reasonably scale to larger desired format. Additional fees may apply for more complex reconfigurations.
• Edits to existing ad copy: $25; this assumes copy changes will fit with reasonable adjustment to new format. Additional fees may apply for more complex edits or additions.
• Color: $55; this assumes materials to reconfigure ad in color exist, at print quality. Additional fees may apply for more complex color manipulations or corrections.
CLASSIFIEDS (back to top)
Weekly Rate: $6, up to 20 words; additional words 10¢ each. A $1 discount is given for subsequent insertions of the same ad with no changes.
Classifieds on the Web: Classified ads in the Yellow Springs News can be included on the News website, ysnews.com, for an additional $1 per week.
Billing Charge: $1 charge each time an ad is billed. Classified ads are billed one week after the first insertion if payment has not been made. Bills are sent at two-week intervals thereafter.
Free Ads: No charge for one insertion — up to 20 words — of found ads, ride sharing ads, card of thanks or free offers. Free ads also include web placement for 1 week.
Photo in your classified ad: $10 extra per week, 1 inch by 2.4 inches in print (black & white), and online (in color). Click here for details and samples.
Placing Your Ad: Phone (937) 767-7373, stop in at the News office, or email your ad to email@example.com.
Copy Deadline is 5 p.m., Monday. No exceptions.
BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL DIRECTORY (back to top)
The Yellow Springs News Directory of businesses and professionals has been a low-cost way to advertise for over 30 years. Listings appear in the newspaper as well as on the web, which offers an active link to either your website or email.
• A Standard two-line listing is $42.50 for three months
• A Bold three-line listing is $57.50 for three months
• 1 to 2 extra lines are $15
• A listing may be included under more than one heading for an extra charge.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ADVERTISING
We will be happy to discuss your advertising needs. For pricing and information about advertising on our website or in the printed newspaper, please call Suzanne Szempruch at (937) 767-7373, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org