Village Council Regular Meeting
- Published: June 28, 2018
Village Council Regular Meeting
Monday, July 2, 2018 at 6 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the course of the meeting: (1) Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard under Citizens Concerns, and (2) Comments on all items listed on the Agenda will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item. A Sign-In sheet will be made available on the small table at the rear of the Council Chambers. Please write your name and the topic you wish to discuss.
CALL TO ORDER
EXECUTIVE SESSION (6 p.m.)
For the Purpose of the Discussion of Ongoing and Potential Litigation.
REGULAR MEETING (7 p.m.)
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
• Minutes of June 18, 2018 Regular Meeting
• Resolution 2018-26 Approving Check Signing Privileges for US Bank/General Checking and Guaranteed Deposits
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2018-25 Small Cell Towers
• Reading of Resolution 2018-24 Approving the Finance Director’s 2019 Tax Budget for the Village of Yellow Springs
• Reading of Resolution 2018-25 Authorizing the Village Manager to Submit a Grant to the Ohio Public Works Commission
• First Reading of Ordinance 2018-27 Forgiveness of One Utility Late Fee Annual Upon Customer Request
OLD BUSINESS (8 p.m.)
• Utility Affordability Discussion (Kreeger: 5 min.)
• Housing Advisory Board Update (MacQueen: 10 min.)
• Review of Village Council Goals (Housh: 45 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (9 p.m.)
• Tecumseh Land Trust Request for Donation
• Glass Farm Management Committee Alternate Liaison
• Village Manager Search Process (Housh 10 min.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS (9:30 p.m.)*
• July 16:
+ Resolution re: Rumpke Contract Renewal
+ Ordinance re: Quarterly Supplemental
+ Proposed Purpose/Structure/Bylaws for Designated CIC
+ RV Parking Regulation Recommendation from PC
+ Staff Quarterly Reports
+ Village Investment Strategy
+ Landlord Utility Responsibility Discussion
+ Tree City USA Discussion
• Aug. 20:
+ Resolution Approving Designated CIC Bylaws
+ Housing Advisory Board Update – Patrick Bowen
+ Vote 16/Local Gun Control Proposals
+ Village Commitment to Transparency Discussion
• Sept. 17: Biennial Review of JSTF Commission Status
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, July 16, 2018 in Council Chambers, John Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 767-9126 or via e-mail at email@example.com for more information.