Village Council Regular Meeting • Aug. 17
- Published: August 14, 2020
— Public Notice —
Village Council Regular Meeting
Virtual Meeting • Monday, Aug. 17, 2020 at 7 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with Sub. HB 197, this meeting will be held as a remote meeting. The public is not permitted to access Council Chambers during the meeting.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL COUNCIL MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY.
Anyone can observe the meeting via YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs), Facebook or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate, please contact Judy Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform. Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
Here is the link to the meeting: https://zoom.us/j/3555457065
CALL TO ORDER
ANNOUNCEMENTS (7:05 p.m.)
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
• Minutes of July 20, 2020 Regular Session
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• First Reading of Ordinance 2020-15 Repealing Section 242.01 “Composition; Classification” of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Enacting New Section 242.01 “Composition; Classification”: (Community Outreach Specialist)
• First Reading of Ordinance 2020-16 Decriminalizing Marijuana in the Village of Yellow Springs
• Reading of Resolution 2020-32 Authorizing the Village Manager to Enter into an Agreement with Arbor Care for 2020 Utility Line Clearance (Section 3) of the Village
• Reading of Resolution 2020-33 Authorizing the Village Manager to Enter into a Purchase Agreement with Piqua Lumber, LLC for a Pole Barn Assembly
• Reading of Resolution 2020-34 Approving A Two-Year Extension of the Existing Contract with Rumpke Waste Services
• Reading of Resolution 2020-35 Establishing a Justice System Collaborative Committee for the Village of Yellow Springs
• Reading of Resolution 2020-36 Authorizing the Village Solicitor to Take Legal Action Defending Village Charter Article II, Section 6 Voter Qualifications
CITIZEN CONCERNS (7:35 p.m.)
SPECIAL REPORTS (7:55 p.m.)
• Report from Community Foundation: COVID-19 Resources (Cox: 10 min.)
OLD BUSINESS (8:05 p.m.)
• Update on Meaningful Action re: Anti-Racism and Justice (Housh: 15 min.)
• Update Regarding Village Charter Amendment Ballot Issue (Housh: 10 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (8:30 p.m.)
• Finance Committee recommendations re: CARES Act Funds (Salmerón: 10 min.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (9:40 p.m.)
• Second Reading of and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2020-15 Repealing Section 242.01 “Composition; Classification” of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Enacting New Section 242.01 “Composition; Classification”: (Community Outreach Specialist)
• Second Reading of and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2020-16 Decriminalizing Marijuana in the Village of Yellow Springs
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held as a virtual meeting at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via e-mail at email@example.com for more information.