Village Council Regular Meeting & Executive Session • Dec. 21
- Published: December 16, 2020
— Public Notice —
Village Council Regular Meeting
Virtual Meeting • Monday, Dec. 21, 2020
Executive Session, 6:30 p.m. & Regular Meeting 7 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with Sub. HB 197, this meeting will be held as a remote meeting. The public is not permitted to access Council Chambers during the meeting.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL COUNCIL MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY.
Anyone can observe the meeting via YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs), Facebook or by contacting email@example.com. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate, please contact Judy Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform. Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
CALL TO ORDER
EXECUTIVE SESSION (6:30 p.m.)
• For the Purpose of Discussion of the Purchase or Sale of Real Estate
ANNOUNCEMENTS (7 p.m.)
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
• Minutes of December 7, 2020 Regular Session
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2020-37 Approving the 2021 Budget for the Village of Yellow Springs
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2020-38 Prohibiting Engine Brake Use Within Village Limits in Chapters 634 and 440 of the Yellow Springs Code of Ordinances
• Reading of Resolution 2020-52 Adjusting the Village Employee Wage Scales
• Reading of Resolution 2020-53 Authorizing the Village Manager to Enter into a Contract for Library Facility Renovations
• Reading of Resolution 2020-54 Supporting an End to the Practice of Cash Bail in Greene County, Ohio, Encouraging Robust Implementation of Criminal Rule 46 in Order to Reduce Jail Populations, Decrease Recidivism, Improve the Administration of Justice and Save Taxpayers Millions of Dollars
OLD BUSINESS (8:55 p.m.)
• Update on Meaningful Action re: Anti-Racism and Justice (Housh: 15 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (9:10 p.m.)
• Preliminary 2021 Goal Setting (Housh: 20 min.)
BOARD & COMMISSION REPORTS (9:40 p.m.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (9:45 p.m.)
• Presentation on Hazard Mitigation
• 2020 Year in Review
• Council Rules and Procedures
• Inclusive and Resilient Yellow Springs
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held as a virtual meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community
Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by
Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents
may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations
for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should
contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via e-mail at clerk@vil.
yellowsprings.oh.us for more information.