Village Council Agenda
- Published: September 14, 2022
— Public Notice —
Village Council Agenda
Monday, September 19, 2022
Executive Session, 6 p.m. • Regular Meeting, 7 p.m.
Anyone can observe the meeting via cable channel 5, YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs) or on Facebook. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate virtually, please contact Judy Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform.
THIS MUST BE DONE PRIOR TO 6 P.M. ON THE DATE OF THE MEETING.
Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary or from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
VIRTUAL PARTICIPATION WILL BE PERMITTED ONLY DURING LEGISLATION AND CITIZEN CONCERNS.
CALL TO ORDER
EXECUTIVE SESSION (6 p.m.)
• For the Discussion of the Employment of a Public Official
ANNOUNCEMENTS (7 p.m.)
• Minutes of September 6, 2022 Regular Session
REVIEW OF AGENDA
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:15 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022-31 Establishing a Public Utility for Stormwater by Enacting New Chapter 1049 of the Village of Yellow Springs Codified Ordinances
• First Reading of Ordinance 2022-33 Repealing and Replacing Chapter 634 “Noise”
• Reading of Resolution 2022-58 Authorizing the Village Manager to Enter into an Agreement with the Greene County Educational Services Center for Creation of a Resource Youth Outreach Officer Program
• Reading of Resolution 2022-59 Authorizing the Yellow Springs Police Department to Develop and Administer a Therapy Dog Program
CITIZEN CONCERNS (8 p.m.)
SPECIAL REPORTS (8:15 p.m.)
• Zoning Reform Presentation (15 min.)
• Cost of Living Study (McKee Group: 20 min.)
MANAGER’S REPORT (8:50 p.m.)
• (Include Update on CRB Review status and EPA/Vernay Update)
OLD BUSINESS (9 p.m.)
• Scheduling Work Session (DeVore Leonard: 5 min.)
• Joint Meeting with YS School Board, Miami Township Trustees and Village Council: Agenda (Housh: 5 min.)
• Finance Committee Ongoing Conversation: Inflation, Taxation and Affordability (10 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (9:20 p.m.)
• Policy for Volunteers Discussion (Brown: 10 min.)
• Council Work Session Agenda (Housh: 5 min.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (9:35 p.m.)
• Sept. 26: Council Work Session: Goals and Priorities for 2023 Budget (6-8:30 p.m.)
• Oct. 3: Busking Guidelines Discussion
• Oct: 10: Council Work Session: 2023 Budget Session #1 (5:30-8 p.m.)
• Oct. 27: Council Work Session: 2023 Budget Session #2 (6-8:30 p.m.)
• Nov. 2: Council Work Session: 2023 Budget Session #3 (5:30-8 p.m.)
• Nov. 7: – Ordinance Approving Final Plat for DDC Development
– Draft: Amending the Personnel Policy Manual to Incorporate Anti-Discrimination Language per OCRC Settlement
• Nov. 21: First Reading of 2023 Budget Ordinance
• Dec. 5: Second Reading/Public Hearing of 2023 Budget Ordinance
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, October 3, 2022.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via email at email@example.com for more information.