MLK Jr. day in Yellow Springs
- Published: January 20, 2014
In observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday, today Monday, Jan. 20, village offices, schools and the News are closed. Subscribers to the News will receive their paper a day later in the mail.
Antioch College and Central Chapel AME Church are organizing this year’s march and commemorative events. The schedule is as follows:
• 9:30 a.m. OPENING PROGRAM at Antioch College, McGregor room 113, with keynote speaker Rev. Joel L. King Jr., cousin of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., musical selections by Christoper Smith and readings by Antioch College students.
• 10:30 a.m. MARCH through downtown Yellow Springs beginning at Mills Lawn School and ending at Central Chapel AME Church, 411 South High Street
• 11 a.m. MORNING PROGRAM at Central Chapel AME Church. Keynote address by Rev. William E. Randolph, Pastor/teacher at the First Baptist Church in Yellow Springs. Performances by The Booth Family Drummers, The World House Choir, The Central Chapel Choir and the Peace Maker Awards will be received.
• 2:30 p.m. “WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?” at Antioch College, McGregor room 113, an Antioch College Alumni/Student Panel. Moderator: Kevin McGruder, Professor of History. Panelist: Richard Kaplan ’49, Maseo Cofield ’71, Amanda Cole ’05, Megan Howes ’17
• 6:30-9:30 p.m. Richard Kaplan ’49 will present ‘KING’ a 1970 Academy Award-nominated film at Antioch College, McGregor room 113.
For more information, Antioch College at 767-2341, or Central Chapel AMC Church at 767-3061.
No comments yet for this article.