Get ready for spring clean-up week
- Published: April 11, 2016
The annual village spring clean-up week will be held Monday–Friday, May 9–13. During clean-up week, large or hazardous items that are not normally picked up by waste collection may be disposed of. Regulations on what can and cannot be picked up are as follows:
• Glass — must be broken out of window frames, shower doors, storm doors, etc. by customer.
• Construction items — six cans of construction or two full hoppers is the limit.
• Freon containing units — freon must be removed from item by customer.
• Mattresses — must be marked and frame must be broken to indicate the presence of bed bugs.
Tires, limbs and brush are not accepted. Whereas in the past, working refrigerators could be sold to Efficiency Smart, the program has been temporarily suspended, and refrigerators are not accepted at this time.