Antioch Writers Workshop to offer free readings
- Published: July 6, 2016
The annual Antioch Writers Workshop returns July 9–14, when more than 100 writers will visit the village and partake in writing workshops and events at Antioch University Midwest. As part of the week of events, free readings will be offered to the general public each evening. The schedule of events open to the public is as follows:
• Saturday, July 9 — Keynote by Roxanne Gay, followed by a book signing.
• Sunday, July 10 — Faculty readings from Becky Hagenston, Lee Martin and John Philip Drury, followed by book signing.
• Monday, July 11 — Faculty readings from John Kachuba, Suzanne Harding and Kristina McBride, followed by book signing.
• Tuesday, July 12 — Faculty readings from Melissa Grunow, Shane McCrae, Chris Tebbetts and Crystal Wilkinson, followed by book signing.
• Wednesday, July 13 — Open mic night for workshop participants, emceed by Amelia Robinson.
• Thursday, July 14 — Readings from workshop participants, followed by a preview of Antioch Writers Workshop 2017 from Executive Director Sharon Short.
All events begin at 7 p.m., and will be held in the Antioch University Midwest Auditorium, with the exception of the open mic, which will be held in the nearby Multipurpose Room. For more information, visit www.antiochwritersworkshop.com.