Village Council Regular Meeting • Virtual Meeting
- Published: January 14, 2021
— Public Notice —
Village Council Regular Meeting
Virtual Meeting • Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021, 7 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with Village Ordinance 2020-36, this meeting will be held as a remote meeting. The public is not permitted to access Council Chambers during the meeting.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL COUNCIL MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY.
Anyone can observe the meeting via YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs), Facebook or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate, please contact Judy Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform. Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
CALL TO ORDER
SWEARING IN (7 p.m.)
• Appointing Sarah Amend and Matthew Kirk to Planning Commission
ANNOUNCEMENTS (7:05 p.m.)
• COVID Safety Update: Businesses; Schools; Government
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
• Minutes of January 4, 2021 Regular Session
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-03 Approving the Editing and Inclusion of Certain Ordinances and Resolutions as Parts of the Various Component Codes of the Codified Ordinances; Approving, Adopting and Enacting New Matter in the Updated and Revised Codified Ordinances;
Repealing Ordinances and Resolutions in Conflict Therewith; Publishing the Enactment of New Matter; and Declaring an Emergency
• Resolution 21-05 Declaring Juneteenth a Holiday in the Village of Yellow Springs
OLD BUSINESS (7:50 p.m.)
• Update on Meaningful Action re: Anti-Racism and Justice (Housh: 15 min.)
• 2021 Goals Update (Housh: 10 min.)
• Update on Bike Path Property Purchase and Joint Meeting (Salmerón: 10 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (8:25 p.m.)
• Discussion on eliminating parking minimums in the Downtown (Denise: 15 min.)
BOARD & COMMISSION REPORT (8:50 p.m.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (8:55 p.m.)
• Council Retreat
• Second Reading of Ordinance 2021-01 Approving Council Rules and Procedures for 2021
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-02 Revising Off-Street Parking and Loading Requirements in the Downtown Business District as Set Forth in Section 1264.02 of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held as a virtual meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 1, 2021.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office. The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via e-mail at clerk@vil.
yellowsprings.oh.us for more information.