Village Council Meeting Agenda
- Published: June 2, 2022
— Public Notice —
Village Council Agenda
Monday, June 6, 2022
Executive Session, 6 p.m. | Regular Meeting, 7 p.m.
Anyone can observe the meeting via cable channel 5, YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs) or on Facebook. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate virtually, please contact Judy Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform.
THIS MUST BE DONE PRIOR TO 6 P.M. ON THE DATE OF THE MEETING.
Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary or from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
VIRTUAL PARTICIPATION WILL BE PERMITTED ONLY DURING LEGISLATION AND CITIZEN CONCERNS.
CALL TO ORDER
• For the Purpose of the Discussion of the Compensation and Employment of Village Employees
ANNOUNCEMENTS (7 p.m.)
CONSENT AGENDA (7:15 p.m.)
• Minutes of May 16, 2022 Regular Session
• Minutes of May 27, 2022 Special Meeting: Retreat
REVIEW OF AGENDA (7:20 p.m.)
PETITIONS/COMMUNICATIONS (7:25 p.m.)
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:30 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022-20 Approving the Form and Authorizing the Execution of an Energy Contract with American Municipal Power, Inc.
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2022-21 Enacting New Section 206.04 “Credit Card Policy” of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Amending Section 505 of the Personnel Policy Manual and Declaring an Emergency
• First Reading of Ordinance 2022-22 Amending the Official Zoning Map of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio for the Property Located at 110 East Center College Street Parcel Id #F19000100080037300 from “E-I” Educational Institution District to “R-C” High-Density Residential District for a Total of 0.8045 Acres
• First Reading of Ordinance 2022-23 Repealing Section 1040.12 “Utility Round Up Fund” And Enacting New Section 1040.12 Entitled “Utility Round Up Program”
• First Reading of Ordinance 2022-24 Amending Council Rules and Procedures for 2022
• Reading of Resolution 2022-28 Authorizing the Village Manager to Enter Into an Agreement for the Sale of Village Owned Renewable Energy Credits
• Reading of Resolution 2022-34 Affirming the Rights of LGBTQ Persons and Celebrating Our Shared Diversities
• Reading of Resolution 2022-35 Authorizing the Village Manager to Enter into an Agreement with Gray’s Tree Experts for 2022 Utility Line Clearance (Section 1) of the Village
• Reading of Resolution 2022-36 Approving an Employment Contract with Michelle Robinson as Accounting and Payroll Manager
• Reading of Resolution 2022-37 Approving a Five Year Contract with Josue Salmeron for Continuing Service as Village Manager
CITIZEN CONCERNS (8:20 p.m.)
SPECIAL REPORTS (8:30 p.m.)
• American Municipal Power Representatives re: Village Power Portfolio (25 min.)
• Public Works Project Update (Burns: 15 min.)
• Climate Action Update (MacQueen: 10 min.)
OLD BUSINESS (9:20 p.m.)
• Lawson Place Leasing Guidelines (Housh: 5 min)
• Environmental Commission Request for 2022 Funding (MacQueen: 5 min.)
•Camera Proposal for Gaunt Park Pool (Burns: 5 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (9:35 p.m.)
• Goals Report-Out (Housh: 5 min.)
• Request for Funding for Safety Lights (Clerk: 5 min)
• Finance Committee Update (Housh: 10 min.)
MANAGER’S REPORT (9:55 p.m.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (10:10 p.m.)
June 20: – Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022-22
– Resolution 2022-38 Approving the Finance Director’s 2023 Tax Budget for the Village of Yellow Springs
– Ordinance Creating a Storm Water Fund
– Ordinance Creating a Storm Water Fee
– Ordinance Amending Village Tap Fees
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 21, 2022.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via email at email@example.com for more information.