- Subscribe ▼
- Advertise ▼
- Submissions ▼
- Calendars ▼
- Business Listings ▼
- Classifieds ▼
- Contact us
Articles About gegner incident
By Megan BachmanNovember 22, 2011
Fifty years ago this month, African-American villager Paul Graham was refused a haircut at Louis Gegner’s barbershop on Xenia Avenue, sparking a historic legal case at the height of the U.S. civil rights movement. Today, villagers look back on the Gegner incident.
Blood drive this week
A blood drive will be held Thursday, Aug. 6, noon–6 p.m., at Mills Lawn. Click here for more details.
YS Planning Commission
A Public Hearing will be held virtually on Tuesday, August 11, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
Support the News
COVID-19 Reader Questions
Openings, closings and reschedulings
From the print
- Dodgers Youth Minor League champions
- Village Council— Anti-racist steps demanded
- Remembering Phyllis Jackson
- YS Development Corporation— Township fire station up for sale
- New studio set to open— Get inked at YS INK Arts Collective
- Teachers urge online option
- Yellow Springs Schools— Town hall addresses restart
- Home, Inc. and St. Mary — Senior housing funding denied
- Masks required by law downtown
- Yellow Springs Schools— Reopening plan in flux
From the print archives
Know your NBC
View all 5 questions and answers posted.