Village Council Regular Meeting
- Published: February 15, 2018
Village Council Regular Meeting
Tuesday, Februar y 20, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the course of the meeting: (1) Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard under Citizens Concerns, and (2) Comments on all items listed on the Agenda will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item. A Sign-In sheet will be made available on the small table at the rear of the Council Chambers. Please write your name and the topic you wish to discuss.
CALL TO ORDER
REGULAR SESSION (7 p.m.)
SWEARING IN OF NEW BOARD AND COMMISSION MEMBERS
CONSENT AGENDA (7:15 p.m.)
• Minutes of Februar y 5, 2018 Regular Meeting
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2018-03 Repealing Chapter 881 “Earned Income Tax Regulations Effective Beginning Januar y 1, 2016” Of The Codified Ordinances Of The Village Of Yellow Springs, Ohio And Enacting New Chapter 881 “Earned Income
Tax Regulations Effective Beginning Januar y 1, 2016” And Declaring An Emergency
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2018-04 Approving Creation of a Fund for Utility Overpayment and Disbursement
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2018-05 Approving Creation of a Fund to House Revenues Obtained for the Yellow Springs-Clifton Connector Project
• Reading of Resolution 2018-03 Supporting Preser vation of Ohio’s Water ways on the Occasion of the 50 Year Anniversar y of the Scenic Rivers Act
SPECIAL REPOR T (7:45 p.m.)
• Quarterly Financial Report (Dodd: 5 minutes)
OLD BUSINESS (7:50 p.m.)
• Continuation of 2018 Goals Discussion (Housh: 25 minutes)
• Voluntar y Tax Collection Discussion (Dodd: 10 minutes)
• Housing Needs Report Out: Inclusionar y Zoning and Community
Conversations (MacQueen: 25 minutes)
• Utility Round Up Action Plan and Timeline (Dodd: 5 minutes)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS (9:25 p.m.)
• March 5:
+ Resolution 2018-0x Approving a Taser Policy for the Yellow Springs
+ Finance Committee of Council: Discussion
+ Revolving Loan Fund Follow Up
+ Fees for Event Ser vices Discussion
+ Continuation of Board and Commission Discussion (MacQueen: 10 minutes)
+ Food Forest Proposal
+ Economic Sustainability Commission Annual Report
• March 19: Planning Commission End of Year Report
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be
held at 7 p.m. on Monday, March 5, 2018 in Council Chambers, John
Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change. Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommoda-
tions for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Of fice at 767-9126 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.