Inaugural Athletic Hall of Fame inductees announced
- Published: April 25, 2018
Yellow Springs High School is excited to announce the inaugural class to be inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame. The newly formed Hall of Fame was created through a combined effort by the YSHS Athletic Department and the YSHS Athletic Boosters. The inaugural class of 2018 that will be inducted into the Yellow Springs High School Athletic Hall of Fame:
• Leo Frank Hughes, class of 1935;
• Charlie Coles, class of 1959;
• Sterling Wright, class of 1969;
• Leroy Bondurant, coach;
• Sarah Lowe, class of 1973;
• Marcus Johnson, class of 1974;
• John Gudgel, class of 1975;
• Shirley Cummins, class of 1976;
• Bill Hardman, class of 1977;
• Tyson Bondurant, class of 1978;
• Teresa Bondurant Wagner, class of 1979;
• Greg Ayers, class of 1985;
• Matt Brunsman, class of 1990;
• Andrew Pierce, class of 1997.
The community is invited to celebrate the Class of 2018 at the inaugural Hall of Fame Banquet on Saturday, June 30, at Antioch University. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m., with a cash bar, and hors d’oeuvres will be served at 6 p.m., followed by the banquet at 7 p.m. Dessert and coffee will wrap up the evening at 9 p.m.
Tickets are $25, and may be purchased with check or cash in the YSHS Athletic Office or via PayPal to YS_Boostersclub@yahoo.com.