March 7, 2019 Bulldog sports round-up
- Published: March 7, 2019
Winter sports awards handed out
Winter sports season has ended, and the district and individual teams celebrated their accomplishments Thursday evening, Feb. 28, at the high school.
• The Metro Buckeye Conference, or MBC, Sportsmanship Team: Finn Bledsoe, Jude Meekin, Tariq Muhammad, Kevin Wagner and Haneefah Jones.
• MBC Sportsmanship Second Team: Finn Bledsoe and Aaliyah Longshaw.
• MBC First Team (girls swimming): 200 freestyle and 500 freestyle — Natalie Galarza; 100 freestyle — Eden Spriggs.
• MBC Player of the Year (girls basketball) — freshman Angie Smith, with 500-plus points and No. 1 at 24.5 points per game.
• MBC Runner up Player of the Year (boys basketball) — senior Andrew Clark, with 983 career points and No. 1 at 17.5 points per game.
• MBC Coach of the Year in Girls Swimming — Bradley Martin.
District level awards
• 400 free relay — Natalie Galarza, Jude Meekin, Sara Zendlovitz and Eden Spriggs.
• 200 free — Natalie Galarza.
• 100 fly — Eden Spriggs.
• 200 IM and 100 free — David Walker.
• Angie Smith — First Team District 15 and Runner Up Player of the Year.
• Tim Minnich — Runner Up Coach of the Year.
• Andrew Clark — Dayton Daily News Divison 4 All Area Third Team.
• Penn Station Athlete of the Month Nominees: fall — Tyler Linkhart, and winter — Andrew Clark.
• Ohio High School Athletic Association, or OHSAA, Scholar Athlete Scholarship Finalists: Dylan Rainey, Alex Ronnebaum, David Walker and Sara Zendlovitz.
• OHSAA Archie Griffin Sportsman-
ship — Sara Zendlovitz.
• OHSAA Courageous Student Award — Tariq Muhammad.
• Varsity boys basketball: lettered — Andrew Clark; Coaches Award — Trey Anderson; Bulldog Award — Clark.
• Varsity girls basketball: Coaches Award — Haneefah Jones; Bulldog
Award — Angie Smith.
• Varsity boys swimming: lettered — David Walker and Harper Mesure; Coaches Award — Mesure; Bulldog Award — Walker.
• Varsity girls swimming: lettered — Jude Meekin, Eden Spriggs and Sara Zendlovitz; Coaches Award — Galarza; Bulldog Award — Spriggs.
• Varsity cheer: Coaches Award — Anna Millar; Bulldog Award — Hailey Qualls.
• Varsity boys bowling: Coaches
Award — Sam Nielsen; Bulldog Award — Davin Bush.
• Varsity girls bowling: Coaches Award — Kira Henrickson; Bulldog Award — Steph Burks.
• JV boys basketball: Coaches Award — Cameron Harris; Bulldog Award — Kaden Bryan.
• JV cheer: Coaches Award — Rosemary Burmester; Bulldog Award — Bre Wallace.
• Eighth-grade girls basketball: Coaches Award — Violet Babb; Bulldog Award — Corinne Totty.
• Seventh-grade boys basketball: Coaches Award — Sam Miller; Bulldog Award — Isaac Grushon.
• Eighth-grade boys basketball: Coaches Award — Eli Eyrich; Bulldog Award — Jason Knemeyer.