Village Council Regular Meeting
Monday, June 17, 2019 at 7 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the
course of the meeting: (1) Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard
under Citizens Concerns, and (2) Comments on all items listed on the Agenda
will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item. A Sign-In sheet will
be made available on the small table at the rear of the Council Chambers.
Please write your name and the topic you wish to discuss.
CALL TO ORDER
SWEARINGS-IN (7 p.m.)
• Emily Seibel and Patrick Lake: Economic Sustainability Commission
• Dan Carrigan: Library Commission
CITIZEN HERO AWARD (7:05 p.m.)
ANNOUNCEMENTS (7:10 p.m.)
• Krista Magaw, Tecumseh Land Trust re:
CONSENT AGENDA (7:20 p.m.)
• Minutes of June 3, 2019 Regular Session
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:35 p.m.)
• Second Reading of Ordinance 2019-15 Repealing and
Replacing Section 1064.02–Rates, Admissions and Season
Hours of Chapter 1064–Municipal Swimming Pool of Part
Ten–Streets, Utilities and Public Services of the Codifies
Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio, and
Declaring and Emergency.
• Reading of Resolution 2019-16 Establishing a Mutual Aid
Agreement with Other APPA Members and Declaring
• Reading of Resolution 2019-28 Renewing Contract with
MVECA for Provision of Internet Services
OLD BUSINESS (7:55 p.m.)
• Community Health Update (Kreeger: 10 min.)
• Update on the Justice System Commission (Sanford: 10 min.)
• Language for Proposed Charter Changes: Vote 16 and Mayoral Term
Extension (Housh: 5 Min.)
• Mid-Year Review of 2019 Village Goals (Housh: 30 min.)
• Creating a Housing Board (MacQueen/Housh: 15 min.)
• Village Policing Assessment Update (Kreeger/MacQueen: 30 min.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS (9:30 p.m.)*
• July 1: Proposal for Participatory Budgeting
Energy Special Improvement District
AMP Portfolio Update
Resolution Approving the Finance Director’s 2019 Budget
for the Village of Yellow Springs
Board and Commission Expectations Review
• July 15: Ordinance Approving Supplemental Appropriations for
the Third Quarter Policing Assessment Update
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are
subject to change.
SWEARING IN (9:35 p.m.)
• Josue Salmeron: Village Manager
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, July 1, 2019 in Council Chambers, John Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community
Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration
by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting.
Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk
of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommoda-
tions for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible.
Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk