- Home ▼
- Subscribe ▼
- E-edition ▶︎
- Advertise ▼
- Submissions ▼
- Calendars ▼
- Business Listings ▼
- Classifieds ▼
Articles From August 30th, 2019
By Audrey HackettApril 29, 2020
Amid financial losses and uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, can Antioch College continue to support Glen Helen?
By Megan Bachman
At its April 20 virtual meeting, Village Council unanimously passed a resolution declaring a state of emergency in Yellow Springs due to the coronavirus crisis.
By Carol Simmons
Interacting with teachers and classmates mostly through websites and online programs, distance learning provides an alternative to in-person classes.
By Audrey Hackett
Unofficial elections results are in for Ohio’s unprecedented mail-in primary.
Candidates Nights set
Each local election year, the James A. McKee Association sponsors a Candidates Night for community members to meet and hear from local candidates. Due to the number of candidates this year, Candidates Night will be split into two evenings: Tuesday, Oct. 19, featuring candidates for Miami Township trustee and school board; and Wednesday, Oct. 20, featuring candidates for mayor and Village Council. Each event will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Mills Lawn gym.
Physical distancing will be practiced in the building and masks are required.
Fire pump testing
The annual fire pump testing at Friends Care Community will be conducted on Thursday, Oct. 21, beginning at 9 a.m. During this test, villagers may experience water discoloration and are advised to run their faucets until the water runs clear. Bottled water and rust remover will be available at the Bryan Center for those who need them. For more information, call 937-767-1702, ext. 2.
Latest COVID-19 News
COVID-19 Reader Q&A
Support the News
From the print
- YSDC puts Mills Lawn discussion on hold
- Opinion | Dave Chappelle’s views on gender are problematic and hurtful
- Compassionate justice group reports findings
- Planning Commission weighs downtown parking options
- Little Thunders — Everyday is Indigenous Peoples Day
- Wheeling Gaunt sculpture unveiled in downtown Yellow Springs
- New bookmobile revs into action
- 2021 Election: Hollister and Pallotta contend for Miami Township Trustee seats
- 2021 Election: Swinger and Moir contend for Miami Township Trustee seats
- Family finds refuge in village from Hurricane Ida