— Public Notice —
Village Council Regular Meeting
Virtual Meeting • Monday, April 19, 2021, 7 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with Village Ordinance 2020-36, this meeting will be held as a remote meeting. The public is not permitted to access Council Chambers during the meeting.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL COUNCIL MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY.
Anyone can observe the meeting via YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs), Facebook or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate, please contact Judy
Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform. Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
CALL TO ORDER
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
• Minutes of April 5, 2021 Regular Session
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-06 Repealing Chapter 882 “Lodging Excise Tax” of the Codified Ordinances of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Enacting New Chapter 882 “Lodging Excise Tax”
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-07 Approving Creation of a Fund for the Furtherance of Affordable Housing in the Village of Yellow Springs
• Reading of Resolution 2021-13 Approving the Annual Fee for Spring Clean-Up
• Reading of Resolution 2021-14 Supporting Legislative Action for the Carbon Tax Dividend
• Reading of Resolution 2021-15 Authorizing the Village Manager to Submit a Community Development Block Grant Application to Greene County for Improving Differently-Abled and Senior Citizen Access to Beatty Hughes Park
• Reading of Resolution 2021-16 Supporting Glen Helen’s Application to the Clean Ohio Conservation Fund of the Ohio Public Works Commission
SPECIAL REPORTS (8:15 p.m.)
• Strong Towns Presentation (Salmerón: 15 min.)
OLD BUSINESS (8:25 p.m.)
•Review Council Roles and Responsibilities and Commission Assignments (Housh: 30 min.)
• Update from Inclusive and Resilient Yellow Springs and Livable/ Equitable/Age Friendly Partnership (Stokes: 10 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (9:05 p.m.)
• Proposal for a Dedicated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA) (Salmerón: 5 min.)
• Memorial Naming of Ellis Park Bike Spur Proposal (Housh: 5 min.)
BOARD AND COMMISSION REPORTS (9:20 p.m.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (9:25 p.m.)
• First Reading of Weeds Ordinance Text Amendment
• Parking Minimums Discussion
• Reciprocal Income Tax Discussion
• Ordinance Establishing Chapter 212 of the Codified Ordinances: Ethics
• Ordinance Approving the Amended Personnel Policy Manual
• Resolution Supporting Climate and Sustainability Actions
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held as a virtual meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, May 3, 2021.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via e-mail at email@example.com for more information.