Village Council Virtual Meeting
- Published: December 16, 2021
— Public Notice —
Village Council Virtual Meeting
Monday, December 20, 2021
Executive Session, 6 p.m. • Regular Meeting, 7 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with Village Ordinance 2020-36, as reinstated by Resolution 2021–32, this meeting will be held as a remote meeting. The public is not permitted to access Council Chambers during the meeting.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL COUNCIL MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY.
Anyone can observe the meeting via YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs), Facebook or by contacting email@example.com. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate, please contact Judy Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform. Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary or from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish
reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (6:00 p.m.)
• For the Purpose of Discussion of Employee Evaluations
ANNOUNCEMENTS (7:00 p.m.)
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
• Minutes of December 6, 2021 Regular Session
REVIEW OF AGENDA (7:15 p.m.)
PETITIONS/COMMUNICATIONS (7:20 p.m.)
• The Clerk will receive and file:
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-33 Village of Yellow Springs 2022 Budget and Declaring an Emergency
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-34 Approving Amendments to the Personnel Policy Manual and Declaring an Emergency
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2021-36 Approving a Fourth Quarter Supplemental
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2021-37 Approving Employee Regulations Pursuant to Charter Section 81
• Reading of Resolution 2021-59 Adjusting Village Employee Wage Scales
CITIZEN CONCERNS (8:15 p.m.)
SPECIAL REPORTS (8:25 p.m.)
• 2021 Village and Council Highlights (Housh/Salmeron: 15 min.)
OLD BUSINESS (8:40)
• Oberer PUD Next Steps (Salmeron: 20 min.)
MANAGER’S REPORT (9:00 p.m.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (9:10 p.m.)
Jan. 3: – Swearing in of New Council Members and Mayor
– Vote for President of Council
– Vote for Vice-President of Council
– YSDC End of Year Summary
– Agraria Update (Megan Bachman: 5 min.)
– Reading of Resolution 2022-01 Authorizing the Sale During Calendar Year 2022 of Municipally Owned Personal Property which is Not Needed for Public Use, or Which is Obsolete or Unfit for the Use for Which it was Acquired, by Internet Auction, Pursuant to Ohio Revised
Code Section 721.15(D)
– Reading of Resolution 2022-02 Approving a Salary Adjustment for Josué Salmerón for Continued Service as Village Manager
– Reading of Resolution 2022-03 Approving a Salary Adjustment for Judy Kintner for Continued Service as Council Clerk
– Reading of Resolution 2022-04 2022 Village Goals
– Update re: Body Worn Camera Policy
Jan. 18: – First Reading of Ordinance 2022-01 Rezoning 52.65 Acres of Property Located North of East Hyde Road and West of Spillan Road to Planned Unit Development Residential (PUD-R) and Amending the Zoning Map Thereby Approving the Preliminary Development Plan
– Reading of Resolution 2022-XX Authorizing the Village Manager to Execute an Easement Agreement with Massie’s Creek Ventures LLC for Use of Village Property and Right-Of-Way Improvements Located Adjacent to 108 Cliff Street
– Village of Yellow Springs 2021 Accomplishments
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, January 3, 2021.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.