Village Council Agenda
- Published: June 15, 2022
— Public Notice —
Village Council Agenda
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Executive Session, 6 p.m. | Regular Meeting, 7 p.m.
Anyone can observe the meeting via cable channel 5, YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs) or on Facebook. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate virtually, please contact Judy Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform.
THIS MUST BE DONE PRIOR TO 6 P.M. ON THE DATE OF THE MEETING.
Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary or from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
VIRTUAL PARTICIPATION WILL BE PERMITTED ONLY DURING LEGISLATION AND CITIZEN CONCERNS.
CALL TO ORDER
EXECUTIVE SESSION 6 p.m.
• For the Purpose of the Interviewing a for the Hiring of a Public Employee.
Officer Paul Raffoul as Police Corporal
Johanna Schultz-Herman as Alternate Member of Environmental Commission
ANNOUNCEMENTS 7 p.m.
CONSENT AGENDA 7:15 p.m.
• Minutes of June 6, 2022 Regular Session
• Resolution 2022-41 Approving 2022-2023 Rental and Leasing Rates for Lawson Place Apartments
REVIEW OF AGENDA 7:20 p.m.
PETITIONS/COMMUNICATIONS 7:25 p.m.
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION 7:30 p.m.
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022–22 Amending the Official Zoning Map of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio for the Property Located at 110 East Center College Street Parcel Id #F19000100080037300 from “E-I” Educational Institution District to “R-C” High-Density Residential District for a Total of 0.8045 Acres
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022–23 Repealing Section 1040.12 “Utility Round Up Fund” And Enacting New Section 1040.12 Entitled “Utility Round Up Program”
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022-24 Amending Council Rules and Procedures for 2022
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2022–25 Approving the Editing and Inclusion of Certain Ordinances and Resolutions as Parts of the Various Component Codes of the Codified Ordinances; Approving, Adopting and Enacting New Matter in the Updated and Revised Codified Ordinances; Repealing Ordinances and Resolutions in Conflict Therewith; Publishing the Enactment of New Matter; and Declaring an Emergency.
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2022–26 Repealing Section 1046.01 “Connection Fees” of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Enacting New Section 1046.01 “Connection Fees” (Water) and Declaring an Emergency
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2022–27 Repealing Section 1048.01 “Connection Fees” of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Enacting New Section 1048.01 “Connection Fees” (Sewer) and Declaring an Emergency
• Resolution 2022–38 Approving the Finance Director’s 2023 Tax Budget for the Village of Yellow Springs
• Reading of Resolution 2022–39 Approving Appropriation of $12,600.00 for the Purpose of Providing a One-Time Appreciation Bonus to Village Employees
• Reading of Resolution 2022–40 Authorizing Purchase of Five Adult + Minor Pool Passes in Support of the Village Impact Program
CITIZEN CONCERNS 7:55 p.m.
SPECIAL REPORTS 8:05 p.m.
• Power Clean Future Ohio Presentation on Renewable Energy Credits (15 min.)
MANAGER’S REPORT 8:20 p.m.
BOARD AND COMMISSION REPORTS 8:30 p.m.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* 8:35 p.m.
June 21: Reciprocal Income Tax Discussion
– Storm Water Utility Discussion
– CASP Update
– Ordinance Establishing a Storm Water Utility Fund
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
EXECUTIVE SESSION 8:40 p.m.
For the Purpose of the Interviewing for the Hiring of a Public Employee.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 5, 2022.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via email at email@example.com for more information.