Village Council Agenda
- Published: June 29, 2022
— Public Notice —
Village Council Agenda
Tuesday, July 5, 2022
Regular Meeting, in Council Chambers, 7 p.m.
Anyone can observe the meeting via cable channel 5, YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs) or on Facebook. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate virtually, please contact Judy Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform.
THIS MUST BE DONE PRIOR TO 6 P.M. ON THE DATE OF THE MEETING.
Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary or from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
VIRTUAL PARTICIPATION WILL BE PERMITTED ONLY DURING LEGISLATION AND CITIZEN CONCERNS.
CALL TO ORDER
• Kenneth Harris as Peace Officer
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10)
• Minutes of June 21, 2022 Regular Session
REVIEW OF AGENDA (7:20)
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:30)
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2022-29 Approving a Supplemental Appropriation for the Second Quarter of 2022
• Reading of Resolution 2022-38 Approving the Finance Director’s 2023 Tax Budget for the Village of Yellow Springs
• Reading of Resolution 2022-42 Approving $30,000 to YS Home, Inc. for Predevelopment Costs for a Senior Housing Project
• Reading of Resolution 2022-43 A Resolution of Dissent Against the U.S. Supreme Court Decision to Overturn the Roe V. Wade Decision
CITIZEN CONCERNS (7:55)
SPECIAL REPORTS (8:05)
• Chamber Report (10 min.)
• PFCO Presentation re: Services Available and REC Information (15 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (8:40)
• Storm Water Utility Discussion (Salmeron: 10 min.)
• Finance Committee Follow Up: Inflation, Taxation and Affordability (Housh: 15 min.)
MANAGER’S REPORT (9:00)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (9:10)
• July 18: –Ordinance Establishing a Storm Water Utility
– REC Policy
– Vendor Registration Discussion
• August 15: – Busking Guidelines
– Little Miami River Economic Study
(Hope Taft and Cris Barnett 10 min.)
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, July 18, 2022.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via email at email@example.com for more information.