Library Commission Ordinance, Amending Chapter 278.02
- Published: March 21, 2013
Interested persons will take note that the Village Council of Yellow Springs on Monday, March 18, 2013, gave first reading to an ordinance, text to follow.
Council will consider said ordinance for second reading and possible passage into law during a public hearing to begin at 7:10 p.m., Monday, April 1, 2013, in the Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton St.
WHEREAS, the Library Commission of the Village of Yellow Springs desires to make changes to the terms of commission members, including eliminating term limits and the staggering of terms, and making other changes to Chapter
278.02 of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio, that:
Section 1: Chapter 278.02 Library Commission is hereby amended to read as follows:
Membership and Terms
A) The Library Commission shall consist of seven members to be appointed or confirmed by Village Council as follows:
1) The Greene County Librarian or designee (ex officio);
2) The Yellow Springs Branch Librarian (ex officio);
3) A member of Village Council;
4) Two residents of the Village appointed by Village Council to three-year terms;
5) Two members appointed by the Village Council upon recommendation by the chairperson of the Yellow Springs Library Association Board of Trustees to three-year terms;
6) There are no term limits for members. All Commission members serve at the pleasure of Council;
7) In the event of the death or resignation of any member, a successor shall be appointed by Village Council to serve the unexpired period of the term for which such member had been appointed or confirmed.
Section 2. This Ordinance shall become effective at the earliest period allowed by law.
Judith Hempfling, President
Comments are closed for this article.