Support local nonprofits on #GivingTuesday
- Published: November 28, 2016
Sixteen local nonprofits will participate in #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and celebrate generosity, on Tuesday, Nov. 29. The event is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving in the U.S.
Beginning at midnight on Nov. 29, participants can donate to their favorite local nonprofits at ysgivingtuesday
“The Yellow Springs Community Foundation is pleased to have made a grant of $10,000 to be used for matching funds for the individual nonprofits that are participating,” said Jeannamarie Cox, Executive Director of the YSCF. “This is a wonderful opportunity to support collaboration among the Yellow Springs nonprofits.”
Participating local nonprofits are:
• 365 Project
• Antioch College
• The Antioch School
• Antioch Writers’ Workshop
• Arthur Morgan Institute for Community Solutions
• Chamber Music of Yellow Springs
• Glen Helen Ecology Institute
• John Bryan Community Pottery
• Little Art Theatre Association
• NAMI Clark, Greene & Madison Counties
• Tecumseh Land Preservation Association
• Yellow Springs Arts Council
• Yellow Springs Home, Inc.
• Yellow Springs Kids Playhouse
• Yellow Springs Schools
• Yellow Springs Senior Citizens Inc.
For more information, follow YS Giving Tuesday on Facebook, or visit http://www.YSGivingTuesday.com. A full story on #GivingTuesday appeared in the Nov. 24 issue of the News.