- Home ▼
- Subscribe ▼
- E-edition ▶︎
- Advertise ▼
- Submissions ▼
- Calendars ▼
- Business Listings ▼
- Classifieds ▼
Articles From August 30th, 2019
By Audrey HackettOctober 16, 2020
Election Day — Tuesday, Nov. 3 — is less than a month away, and election season in Ohio is in full swing.
By YS News Staff
After the announcement that Greene County had been elevated to level 3, or “red,” by the Ohio Public Health Advisory System, the YS Senior Center has halted its plan to reopen for in-person events. The elevation to level 3 indicates “very high exposure or spread” of COVID-19.
Candidates Nights set
Each local election year, the James A. McKee Association sponsors a Candidates Night for community members to meet and hear from local candidates. Due to the number of candidates this year, Candidates Night will be split into two evenings: Tuesday, Oct. 19, featuring candidates for Miami Township trustee and school board; and Wednesday, Oct. 20, featuring candidates for mayor and Village Council. Each event will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Mills Lawn gym.
Physical distancing will be practiced in the building and masks are required.
Latest COVID-19 News
COVID-19 Reader Q&A
Support the News
From the print
- Opinion | Dave Chappelle’s views on gender are problematic and hurtful
- Compassionate justice group reports findings
- Planning Commission weighs downtown parking options
- Little Thunders — Everyday is Indigenous Peoples Day
- Wheeling Gaunt sculpture unveiled in downtown Yellow Springs
- New bookmobile revs into action
- 2021 Election: Hollister and Pallotta contend for Miami Township Trustee seats
- 2021 Election: Swinger and Moir contend for Miami Township Trustee seats
- Family finds refuge in village from Hurricane Ida
- Zoning OKs four new Chappelle shows