— Public Notice —
Village Council Regular Meeting
Monday, June 7, 2021
Executive Session, 6 p.m. • Regular Meeting, 7 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
As we transition to a fully in-person format, for the month of June you WILL be able to participate via zoom and ask questions or comment in the same manner as during the pandemic protocols. Contact the Council Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 937-767-9126 to obtain a zoom link. Meetings will continue to be live-streamed on Facebook, Channel 5 and YouTube. Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the course of the meeting: 1. Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard under Citizens Concerns, and 2. Comments on all items listed on the Agenda will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item.
CALL TO ORDER
EXECUTIVE SESSION (6 p.m.)
• For the Purpose of the Discussion of a Complaint Against a Public Official.
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
• Minutes of May 17, 2021 Regular Session
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-11 Establishing Chapter 212 of the Codified Ordinances: Ethics
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-12 Certifying the Village of Yellow Springs for Operation of a Residential Building Department and Declaring an Emergency
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-13 Certifying the Village of Yellow Springs for Operation of a Commercial Building Department and Declaring an Emergency
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2021-14 Second Quarter Supplemental
• Reading of Resolution 2021-20 Approving a Lease to Agraria for the Construction of a Bike Path
SPECIAL REPORTS (8:10 p.m.)
• TLT Annual Report (Krista Magaw, TLT Director: 10 min.)
• YSDC Update (MacQueen: 10 min.)
• Treasurer’s Report (Kintner: 5 min.)
OLD BUSINESS (8:35 p.m.)
• Kingwood Solar Update (Parcels: 5 min.)
• Follow Up Discussion Re: Busking and Street Vendors (Housh: 20 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (8:50 p.m.)
• Discussion re: Permanent Options for Virtual Meetings (Salmerón/ Parcels: 10 min.)
• Nomination for Board of Zoning Appeals
• Nomination for Environmental Commission
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (9:10 p.m.)
• Resolution 2021-21 Resolution in Celebration of Pride Week in the Village of Yellow Springs
• Resolution 2021-22 Approving the Finance Director’s 2021 Tax Budget
• First Reading of Weeds Ordinance Text Amendment
• Wheeling Gaunt Sculpture Presentation
• First Reading of Ordinance Approving the Amended Personnel Policy Manual
• Proposal for Creation of a Citizen Review Board
• Resolution 2021-XX Supporting Climate and Sustainability Actions
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-XX Accepting Annexation from Miami Township to the Village of Yellow Springs of 33.816 Acres of Property Located North of East Hyde Road and West of Spillan Road
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-XX Accepting Annexation of 33.816 Acres of Property Now Located in the Township Contiguous to the Village
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-XX Rezoning to PUD
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-XX Rezoning to PUD
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held as a virtual meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, June 21 2021.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via e-mail at email@example.com for more information.