YS Pride celebrates 10 years
- Published: June 25, 2021
The 10th annual YS Pride celebration is slated to be held on Saturday, June 26, at Antioch Midwest. To remain sensitive to the safety and comfort of all attendees, masks are encouraged and will be available at the Pride merchandise table.
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of YS Pride, this year’s celebration will feature a variety of events and experiences:
• YS Pride Guide, a one-day-only shopping experience with discounts and specials from participating local businesses. Pride Guides will be available during Pride at Antioch Midwest. On June 26, participants can present the official Pride Guide at participating businesses and make use of discounts and specials all day.
• All are welcome to participate in the home decorating contest by adorning their homes in Pride-themed decor.
• YS Pets Got Pride Contest, sponsored by Lick You Silly Premium Pet Products.
• YS Pride Royalty Contest, a contest open to all LGBTQ+ participants who want to become the first ever #YSPrideRoyalty.
• YS Pride vendors open, 11 a.m., at Antioch Midwest.
• YS Pride Parade (by vehicle), featuring an extended route to include more neighborhoods throughout Yellow Springs. Parade and Royalty Contest check-in begins at noon, with the parade beginning at 1 p.m.
• YS Pride Tailgate featuring DJ Aza, with live performances by Alana Reign, Yvette “Diva” Williams and more, as well as advocacy for LGBTQ+ people, inspiring stories, drag and musical performances, information booths and food. The event begins at 3 p.m.; contest winners will be announced at this event.
• Don’t Be Silent After Party featuring DJ Chill at Peach’s Grill; admission is $40 in advance and $50 at the door. The event begins at 9 p.m. and includes a silent dance party, swag bags and more.
There will also be a free COVID-19 vaccine mobile unit downtown near First Presbyterian Church during Pride from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome, but those who wish to schedule an appointment may do so at gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov. Those who are ages 12–17 and want the vaccine must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
For more information, to donate or become a sponsor, to purchase Don’t Be Silent After Party tickets, to register for the parade and contests, and for a detailed events list, visit http://www.yspride.com.