Village Council Virtual Meeting
- Published: March 16, 2022
— Public Notice —
Village Council Virtual Meeting
Monday, March 21, 2022, at 7 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with Village Ordinance 2020-36, as reinstated by Resolution 2021–32, this meeting will be held as a remote meeting. The public is not permitted to access Council Chambers during the meeting.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL COUNCIL MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY.
Anyone can observe the meeting via YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs), Facebook or by contacting email@example.com. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate, please contact Judy Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform. Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary or from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
CALL TO ORDER
• Planning Commission: Gary Zaremsky: Full Member; Scott Osterholm and Bryan Rogusky: Alternates.
ANNOUNCEMENTS (7 p.m.)
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
• Minutes of March 7, 2022 Regular Session
REVIEW OF AGENDA (7:15 p.m.)
PETITIONS/COMMUNICATIONS (7:20 p.m.)
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022-07 Approving and Granting Consent to the Director of the Ohio Department of Transportation Authority to, Apply, Maintain and Repair Standard Longitudinal Pavement Markings and Erect Regulatory and Warning Signs on State Highways Inside Village Corporate Limits, and Giving Consent of the Village for the Ohio Department of Transportation to Remove Snow and Ice and Use Snow and Ice Control Material on State Highways Inside the Village Corporate Limits, and Giving Consent of the Village for the
Ohio Department of Transportation to Perform
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2022-08 Amending the Personnel Policy Manual by Approving a Position Description and Declaring an Emergency
• First Reading of Ordinance 2022-09 Adopting a Body Worn Camera Use Policy for the Village of Yellow Springs
• Reading of Resolution 2022-17 Reading of Resolution 2022-17 Authorizing the Village Manager to Execute a Grant Award with Greene County Community Development
• Reading of Resolution 2022-18 Agreeing to Act as a Fiscal Agent for a Grant Received by the Yellow Springs Chamber of Commerce
• Reading of Resolution 2022-19 Designating Judy Kintner as Village Council’s Designee to Receive Public Records Training on Behalf of Each of the Elected Officials Pursuant to and in Accordance with Ohio Revised Code Section 109.43(B) and 149.43(E) (1)
• Reading of Resolution 2022-20 Accepting a Settlement Agreement with the Ohio Civil Rights Commission
• Reading of Resolution 2022-21 Appointing a Chief of Police
• Police Chief
CITIZEN CONCERNS (8:15 p.m.)
SPECIAL REPORTS (8:25 p.m.)
• Fourth Quarter Financials (Dillon: 5 min.)
OLD BUSINESS (8:30 p.m.)
• Proposal for CRB Legal Review
NEW BUSINESS (8:40 p.m.)
• Review of Proposed Amendments to Council Rules and Procedures (Housh: 10 min.)
MANAGER’S REPORT (8:50 p.m.)
BOARD AND COMMISSION REPORTS (9 p.m.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (8:15 p.m.)
– Social Justice Commission Update
– Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022-09 Adopting a Body Worn Camera Use Policy for the Village of Yellow Springs
– First Reading of Ordinance 2022-XX Amending Section 1226.02 “Subdivision Regulations” of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio
- PC End of Year Report
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, April 4, 2022.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.