Public events slated at Antioch College reunion
- Published: September 6, 2016
During its upcoming reunion, Antioch College will offer several creative performance events, in accordance with the theme of this year’s reunion, “Theater and Performance.” All events will be held on the Antioch College campus, and are free and open to the public. The events are as follows:
Friday, Sept. 9
• West African drumming workshop with the Borenya project, sculpture annex.
• Interactive storytelling for ages 4–8 with Panto-WHAT?! Theatre Company, Foundry Theater.
• “Songs From the Stoop,” presented by Gary Goldsmith, Herndon Gallery.
• “Finding Myself in This Earth” movement workshop, Wellness Center Studio A (waiver form required at front desk).
• Technique with Terry Hempfling, dance class, Antioch College Wellness Center Studio A.
• “WHITE SAUCE and Diaper Babies,” performance, Foundry Theater Main Stage.
• “Vocal Canvas: Hear the Painting, See the Song,” Herndon Gallery.
• John Korty Feature Films, Arts and Science Building room 219.
Saturday, Sept. 10
• “Delicious Movement” dance improvisation, Wellness Center Studio A (waiver form required at front desk).
• “Staging Untold Stories,” theater lab, Foundry Theater Experimental Stage.
• “Thanks for the Mysteries: Poetry for the Reluctant Reader,” Herndon Gallery.
• ShowParty! performance, Arts and Science Building second floor gallery.
• Live choreography and mini-field trip improvisations, Wellness Center Studio A (waiver form required at front desk).
• “Antioch Alumni Act Ad Hoc! (AAAAH!),” short plays, Herndon Gallery.
• “Recoloration Proclamation: Journey of a Political MathArtist,” Art and Science Building, room 219.
• “Child’s Play,” Foundry Theater Experimental Theater. (This piece contains some disturbing imagery.)
For more information and descriptions of each event, visit http://www.antiochcollege.edu/news/college_events.