Village Council Regular Meeting • Virtual Meeting
- Published: February 24, 2021
— Public Notice —
Village Council Regular Meeting
Virtual Meeting • Monday, March 1, 2021, 7 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with Village Ordinance 2020-36, this meeting will be held as a remote meeting. The public is not permitted to access Council Chambers during the meeting.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL COUNCIL MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY.
Anyone can observe the meeting via YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs), Facebook or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate, please contact Judy Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform. Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
CALL TO ORDER (7 p.m.)
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
• Minutes of February 16, 2021 Regular Session
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2021-04 Approving a First Quarter Supplemental Appropriation for the Village of Yellow Springs and Declaring an Emergency
• Reading of Resolution 2021-11 Designating Judy Kintner as Village Council’s Designee to Receive Public Records Training on Behalf of Each of the Elected Officials Pursuant to and in Accordance with Ohio Revised Code Section 109.43(B) and 149.43(E) (1)
SPECIAL REPORTS (7:45 p.m.)
• Yellow Springs Development Corporation: Review of Year One (Kreeger: 15 min.)
• Treasurer’s Report (Kintner: 5 min.)
OLD BUSINESS (8:05 p.m.)
• Update on Meaningful Action re: Anti-Racism and Justice (Housh: 15 min.)
• Council Retreat/Village Goals Report Out (Housh: 15 min.)
• Discussion of Solar Siting Issue (MacQueen/Curliss: 10 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (8:45 p.m.)
• Discussion of Juneteenth as a Paid Holiday for Village Employees (Salmerón: 10 min.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (9:05 p.m.)
• Consideration of Sale of Renewable Energy Credits
• Pool Fee Ordinance
• Environmental Commission End of Year Report
• Discussion of a Reciprocal Taxation Model (Housh: 10 min.)
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held as a virtual meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, March 15, 2021.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office. The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via e-mail at clerk@vil.
yellowsprings.oh.us for more information.