Clean-up Week 2010
- Published: April 14, 2010
Clean-up week will be held May 10–14. Clean out all household items large and small. Please have items out by your regular trash pick-up day. This service is only for Village Solid Waste customers. If you have any general questions, please call 767-3402 or e-mail email@example.com. Your efforts to bundle, sort, separate, and certify will be much appreciated.
• Package small items for easier handling (box, bag, or tie in bundles, etc.).
• Bundle corrugated cardboard no larger than 2 ft. square (may also be picked up weekly with your other garbage).
• Separate metal items out from other materials so they can be recycled.
• Certify cooling appliances as CFC-free. Rumpke will provide this certification for $20 (800-223-3960), or you must make arrangements with another qualified technician.
PLEASE DON’T PUT OUT:
• Yard Waste: Leaf and brush are picked up on the last Friday of the month through November; just purchase a bag/tag for $1.50 at the Village Utility office, 767-7202.
• Motor Oil: Oil can be recycled in the receptacle behind the Bryan Center.
• Construction Materials: These are accepted at Xenia Demolitions Debris Facility, 588 Dayton-Xenia Rd., Xenia, (937) 372-2978.
• Hazardous Materials: Household hazardous waste is recycled twice a year in Greene Co. Call for the next date, (937) 562-5925.
• Batteries: Auto, motorcycle, lawn mower, and tractor batteries are accepted at various locations. Please call (937) 562-5925 for details.
— Mark Cundiff, Village Manager