Village Council Regular Meeting
- Published: February 16, 2017
Village Council Regular Meeting
Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017, 6 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the course of the meeting: (1) Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard under Citizens Concerns, and (2) Comments on all items listed on the Agenda will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item. A Sign-In sheet will be made available on the small table at the rear of the Council Chambers. Please write your name and the topic you wish to discuss.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (6 p.m.)
• For the Purpose of the Discussion of the Employment, Compensation, Discipline or Promotion of a Public Employee or Official.
Regular Meeting begins at 7 p.m.
• Minutes of February 6, 2017 Regular Meeting
• Minutes (Roll Call and Motions) of February 10, 2017 Special Meeting (Executive Session) of Council
• Financials for January, 2017
• Reading of Resolution 2017-05 Approving an Employment Contract with the Clerk of Council
• Reading of Resolution 2017-06 Approving an Employment Contract with the Interim Chief of Police
• Reading of Resolution 2017-07 Adjusting Rates of Pay for Village Employees
• Reading of Resolution 2017-08 Standardizing Contracts for Contract Employees of the Village
• Reading of Resolution 2017-09 Designating 2017 the Year of the Trail in Yellow Springs
• Reading of Resolution 2017-10 Recognizing the Contribution of the Central Chapel A.M.E. Church to the Celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Day in the Village of Yellow Springs
• Reading of Resolution 2017-11 Recognizing That While Observance of February as Black History Month Has Long Been Recognized By The United States, The Village Of Yellow Springs Recognizes the Importance of Building Awareness and Appreciation of Black History 365 Days A Year
• Follow Up Discussion re: Council Response to New Year’s Eve/Day Events
• Council Goals Discussion
• Council Retreat
• Update on CBE Forum Schedule
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
• March 2: Community Forum: CBE Community Conversation in Rooms A&B (7-8:30 p.m.)
• March 6: Resolution 2017-0X Approving Council’s 2017 Goals
Special Report: DesignNine re: Broadband Feasibility
• March 20: Ordinance 2017-04 Granting a Permanent Conservation Easement on a Portion of the Glass Farm
• April 3:
• April 17: Resolution Declaring April 27th “Coretta Scott King Day” in the Village of Yellow Springs
• TBA: Second Community Forum: CBE Conversation Follow-Up in Rooms A&B (7-8:30 p.m.)
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, March 6, 2017 in Council Chambers, John Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 767-9126 or via e-mail at email@example.com for more information.