Village Council Regular Meeting
- Published: April 27, 2017
Village Council Regular Meeting
Monday, May 1, 2017 at 6 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the course of the meeting: (1) Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard under Citizens Concerns, and (2) Comments on all items listed on the Agenda will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item. A Sign-In sheet will be made available on the small table at the rear of the Council Chambers. Please write your name and the topic you wish to discuss.
CALL TO ORDER (6 p.m.)
EXECUTIVE SESSION (6 p.m.)
• For the Purpose of the Discussion of Potential Litigation and the Potential Hiring of a Public Employee
ANNOUNCEMENTS (7:05 p.m.)
• REACH Center Presentation: Jeff Brock, Greene Memorial Hospital, President of Greene Medical Foundation and Dale Brunner, Greater Dayton YMCA
• Minutes of April 17, 2017 Regular Meeting
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2017-09 Repealing Section 674.02 “Removal of Plants and Weeds by Owner” of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Enacting New Section 674.02 “Removal of Plants and Weeds by Owner”
• First Reading of Ordinance 2017-10 Granting a Permanent Conservation Easement on a Portion of the Glass Farm
• Reading of Resolution 2017-21 Adopting a Resolution of Services Regarding the Proposed Annexation of the Gustafson Property
• Reading of Resolution 2017-22 Accepting Annexation of Gustafson Property into the Village of Yellow Springs
• Design Nine Final Community Fiber Report
• Discussion Regarding US Bank Accounts
• Draft Police Chief Job Description
• Draft Hiring Process for Permanent Chief
• JSTF Recommendation to Council (re: Mayor’s Court/Social Worker)
• Housing Needs Assessment
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
• May 15:
+ Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2017-10 Granting a Permanent Conservation Easement on a Portion of the Glass Farm
+ Resolution 2017-XX Adding to the Ohio Enterprise Zone Agreement by and between the Board of Greene County Commissioners and the Village of Yellow Springs and Dayton Mailing Services, Inc.
+ Resolution 2017-XX Adopting Guidelines for Policing for the Village of Yellow Springs
+ HRC End of Year Report
+ Environmental Commission End of Year Report
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, May 15, 2017 in Council Chambers, John Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 767-9126 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.