Village Council Regular Meeting
- Published: May 11, 2017
Village Council Regular Meeting
Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the course of the meeting: (1) Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard under Citizens Concerns, and (2) Comments on all items listed on the Agenda will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item. A Sign-In sheet will be made available on the small table at the rear of the Council Chambers. Please write your name and the topic you wish to discuss.
CALL TO ORDER (6 p.m.)
• For the Purpose of the Evaluation of a Public Employee
ANNOUNCEMENTS (7:05 p.m.)
swearing-in of board & commission members
• Justice System Task Force: Cyndi Pauwels
• Energy Board: Alan Brunsman
• Economic Sustainability Commission: Sammy Saber
• Minutes of April 17, 2017 Regular Meeting
• Minutes of April 24, 2017 Council Retreat
• Minutes of May 1, 2017 Regular Meeting
• Financials for April
PUBLIC HEARINGS / LEGISLATION
• First Reading of Ordinance 2017-11 Granting a Permanent Conservation Easement on a Portion of the Glass Farm
• Reading of Resolution 2017-22 Adding to the Ohio Enterprise Zone Agreement by and between the Board of Greene County Commissioners and the Village of Yellow Springs and DMS, Ink
• Reading of Resolution 2017-23 Adopting Guidelines for Policing for the Village of Yellow Springs
• HRC End of Year Report
• Environmental Commission End of Year Report
• Chief of Police Selection Process Update
• JSTF Process Discussion
• Proposed Smoking Ban for Village Property
• Briefing of Requirements for Becoming a “Tree City”
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
• May 16: Interviews for Chief Position: 5 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
• May 30: Public Forum with Chief Candidates: 7 p.m.
• June 5:
+ Lodging Tax Discussion
+ Fiber Advisory Board Report
+ Housing Needs Assessment Follow-up Report
+ Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2017-10 Granting a Permanent Conservation Easement on a Portion of the Glass Farm
+ Ordinance Designating Yellow Springs as a Tree City, U.S.A
+ Ordinance Adjusting Summer Sewer Rates and Declaring an Emergency
+ Resolution Appointing Permanent Chief
• June 19: Resolution Approving the Finance Director’s 2018 Tax Budget for the Village of Yellow Springs
• July 3:
• July 17:
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, June 5, 2017 in Council Chambers, John Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 767-9126 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.